CONSULTANT – CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Evaluation and Assessment DRR Project
Location : Lombok Barat district and Mataram City, NTB Province, and Padang
Pariaman, Sumatera Barat Province, Indonesia
Application Deadline : December 31, 2015
Consultant Languages Required : Bahasa Indonesia
Duration of Initial Contract : Maximum 40 days
Islamic Relief have been implementing a Disaster Risk Reduction project in Religious Places. The project serves as a means to mitigate the negative impacts of disaster that might strike Lombok. Towards this end, the project is aim to work with religious places, religious leaders, schools, and communities in Mataram city and Lombok Barat district. The project name is Role of Religious Places (RORP) and have three main proposed interventions as follows:
1. Improve knowledge and skill of disaster management teams through serial capacity building trainings in disaster management and medical as well as disaster simulation/drill.
2. Increase community awareness in disaster risk reduction and inter religious through awareness/campaign session, and inter religious forum
3. Improve capacity and reduce vulnerability through structural and non-structural mitigation
The propose project outcomes are:
1. Enhanced local religious places capacities for better prepare, respond and recover to natural disasters through capacity building activities in Padang Pariaman, Pesisir Selatan and Lombok Barat districts.
2. Inhibited mass casualties through implementation mitigation activities and establishment of DRR and inter religious network forum in Padang Pariaman,Pesisir Selatan and Lombok Barat.
With this background, IR seeks an innovative, motivate, dynamic and experienced consultant for the evaluation of delivery of project activities and measure achievements against the project objective.
Interested consultants are advised to carefully study all the sections of this ToR and ensure that they meet the general requirements. If successful, the candidate will be recognized research person.
Duties and Responsibilities Consultants will provide an assessment and baseline study to clients (Pesantren and partners as needed).
The range of tasks for the consultant may include:
1. Develop assessment tools and assess capacity of RORP beneficiaries and stakeholders regard to DRR using disaster preparedness framework,
2. Analysis of strengths and Room for Improvement of beneficiaries and stakeholders around disaster preparedness,
3. List of thorough recommendations to Lombok Barat district and Mataram city to have a solid disaster management team and disaster contingency plan.
Expected Consultancy Output
- Detail Report on Evaluation and End line Survey of RORP PROJECT.
- Comprehensive recommendation on the result of needs assessment (survey) for Islamic Relief Indonesia, community, and government as source of decision making for future implementation.
· Demonstrates highly skilled and experience in research and assessment;
· Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities;
· Ability to work in a team, develop synergies and establish effective working relations with partners;
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment, and the ability to cope with situations that may pose conflict;
· Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback;
· Ability to accommodate additional demands on short notice;
· At least five years of proven working experience relevant to research, baseline study, or assessment;
· Experience in conducting research or study around DRR/Emergency Response is an asset.
Languages: Bahasa Indonesia.
Evaluation of Applicants: Applicants will be screened against qualifications and the competencies.
Contracting Arrangements: Successful candidates will be hired as consultant for 40 days.
The financial proposal (daily fee in Rupiah) provided by the consultant is tentative and will be subject to negotiations. An agreement contract will be issued to the consultant, detailing the timeframe and deadlines.
Payments: Payment will be made upon confirmation that the agreed upon services have been satisfactorily performed, as specified in the contract with Islamic Relief Indonesia.
Application procedures: Qualified candidates are requested to apply online via [email protected] withsubject Evaluation RORP, by the latest Dec 31, 2015
The application should contain:
· A Proposal, stating research/assessment tools, methodology, and budget
· Updated CVs
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please make sure that you have provided all requested information.