HARD-WORKING, MOTIVATED, MULTILINGUAL TALENT WITH A PASSION FOR SOCIAL IMPACT? APPLY HERE.
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission – different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
We are currently recruiting a highly talented, motivated, creative Communications Officer to support Kopernik’s communications team, working to engage and excite target audiences, mobilising support to help Kopernik serve more people in the last mile.
- Qualification in Communication, Public Advocacy Campaign, Public Relations, Marketing, Media, or Journalism combined with at least three years professional experience.
- Public advocacy experience, including proven ability to design and test new campaign strategies.
- Strong visual communication skills and ability to apply brand guidelines to print and digital materials.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to draw out compelling stories from impact data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Indonesian.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team-work skills.
- Ability to work quickly and deliver projects to tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, hardworking, reliable, motivated, and passionate about social impact.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Fully computer literate and tech savvy, knowledge of design, video and photo-editing software an advantage.
- Clear understanding of social entrepreneurship and clean energy, experience working in fields related to social innovation or women’s empowerment an advantage.
- Lead Kopernik’s public advocacy activities related to women’s economic empowerment through energy access.
- Develop and manage relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Support preparation and production of high quality communications materials including annual reports, monthly newsletters, announcements, donor reports, media releases, flyers, brochures, videos, infographics, and marketing collateral.
- Edit and proofread Indonesian language documents and reports.
- Actively look for new opportunities to profile Kopernik’s work and expand our audience.
- Actively support a strong culture of knowledge-sharing, cooperation, and teamwork.
- Deliver communications training to program and field-based staff.
- Support communications needs for Last Mile Consulting projects.
- Prepare input for donor reports.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE nOVEMBER 2ND 2015
Please send your CV, cover letter and one minute video explaining why you’re perfect for the job via our online application form: www.kopernik.ngo/page/careers
Applicants who are interviewed successfully could be expected to complete a test to demonstrate the necessary skills.