United Nations World Food Programme Indonesia
World Food Programme Indonesia Country Office (CO) invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following position:
Position: Programme Associate (Monitoring and Evaluation)
Post Grade: SC6
Starting Date: 1 Jan 2016
Duration: 12 Months
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the overall guidance of the Country Director and direct supervision of Programme Policy Officer (M&E;), the incumbent will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
* Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of a functional M&E; system on capacity development and assistance in alignment with corporate policies and guidelines.
* Provide M&E; support to all country programme activities to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures
* Liaise and coordinate with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
* Prepare accurate, timely and relevant M&E; reports (monthly, quarterly and yearly) on inputs, resource utilization and progress towards the intended outputs and outcomes;
* Make recommendations for improving the operational efficiency and effectiveness by identifying bottlenecks and developing plans to minimize such bottlenecks;
* Support the capacity building of WFP staff, national and sub-national government stakeholders in monitoring and evaluation.
* Act as a point of contact for COMET, WFP’s comprehensive online M&E; tool to design, implement and monitor programmes and performance;
* Conduct, with technical support from HQ/RBB, the national capacity baseline survey through the government capacity and need assessment tool (GCNA);
* Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Secondary school education, preferably supplemented by courses in development management, economics, public policy, information technology, business administration or a field relevant to international development assistance.
Experience: At least five years of progressively responsible experience of which at least one year was closely related areas such as logical framework, capacity development, food security and nutrition programme.
Knowledge: Strong knowledge of database development and management preferably in livelihood or food security programmes. At least intermediate skills in windows based word processing and spreadsheet. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed by e-mail to: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> no later than 22 November 2015
All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc. Please state the vacancy announcement number and title of the post you are applying for in the email’s subject header line.
“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted”
The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments is intended for specific individuals or entities, and may be confidential, proprietary or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, delete this message and do not disclose, distribute or copy it to any third party or otherwise use this message. The content of this message does not necessarily reflect the official position of the World Food Programme. Electronic messages are not secure or error free and may contain viruses or may be delayed, and the sender is not liable for any of these occurrences. The sender reserves the right to monitor, record and retain electronic messages.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]