World Food Programme, Indonesia invites applications from eligible candidates for the following position:
Position : Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping (VAM) Officer
Post Grade : SC9
Starting Date : 1 Jan 2016
Duration : Initial 6 months with possibility for extension
Contract Type : Service Contract
Duty Station : Jakarta
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the overall guidance of the Head of Programme and direct supervision of the Head of the VAM Unit, the incumbent will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Develop capacity of government and partners to conduct vulnerability analysis which effectively informs decisions on government prioritization and resource allocation.
2. Provide technical assistance to government to develop food security and vulnerability analysis products which contribute to an evidence-base to inform strategies, policies and programmes
3. Develop response analysis exercises to improve cohesion between analytical findings and programmatic responses.
4. Contribute to food security and nutrition research including causal analysis, policy impact analysis and similar activities.
5. Collect and manage data required for food and nutrition security analysis jointly with government agencies and other related partners in order prepare periodic food security analysis, monitoring and early warning publications as required.
6. Liaise with government partners to monitor ongoing projects, ensuring effective collaboration, timeliness and efficiency and highlighting potential risks to project delivery.
7. Foster collaboration with government and national and sub-national levels on food security analysis and programmes through active engagement and general technical support.
8. Participate and contribute to joint activities national food security cluster systems.
9. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to provide preliminary impact assessments and contribute to needs assessments.
10. Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experiences:
Education: University degree with emphasis in one or more of the following disciplines: economics, agriculture, statistics, GIS, geography, public health, social sciences, development studies or a related field.
Experience: At least five years of postgraduate professional experience in food security, nutrition, poverty and vulnerability analysis or a closely related area
Knowledge: Demonstrated proficiency in the use of statistical tools and methods for food security analysis. Developed practical expertise in food security analysis and mapping. Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of WFP vulnerability mapping systems and assessment standards. Advanced knowledge of climate change, food security, forestry, vulnerability and government policies.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bahasa Indonesia
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed by E-mail to: [email protected] no later than 27 November 2015
All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc. Please state the vacancy announcement number and title of the post you are applying for in the email’s subject header line.
“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted”