60766 Project Finance Officer DGPRU (For Indonesian Nationality Only)
Application Deadline :21-Oct-15
Type of Contract :Service Contract
Post Level :SC-8
Languages Required :
Duration of Initial Contract :6 months (with the possibility of extension, subject to satisfactory performance and funding availab
partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations
that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that
improves the quality of life for everyone. On the ground in 177
countries and territories, UNDP offers global perspective and local
insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.”
Indonesia’s mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social
development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and
all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders. We work in
four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Pro-Poor Policy
Reforms, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment Management,
with the overarching aim of reducing poverty in Indonesia. Besides the
four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of
crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality, and
information and technology for development.”
mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development
of Indonesia. We currently implement several projects in four key areas
of development: Democratic Governance, Poverty Reduction and MDGs/SDGs,
Conflict Prevention and Recovery and Environment Management, with the
overarching aim of improving human development in Indonesia. Besides the
four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of
crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality..
Indonesia is poised to enhancethe operations capacity of its projects. A
joint Project Operations Team is established to serve a number of
projects. The Project Operations Team is client- and solution-oriented,
while providing high quality, timely operations services with value for
money and in line with UNDP operations policies and procedures. The
Project Operations Team works hand in hand with other project colleagues
to ensure that UNDP’s quality, timely, efficientdelivery on which the
Project Operations Team’s success wil eventually be measured.
the overall guidance and supervision of Project Operations Manager in
the Democratic Governance and Poverty Reduction Unit (DGPRU),, the
Project Finance Officer responsible foreffective, efficient, and timely
execution of financial and administrative services and processes in
DGPRU Projects and transparent utilization of financial resources and
integrity of financial services.The Project FinanceOfficer promotes a
client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
He/she analyzes and interprets the financial and administration rules
and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex
financial and administration issues. The Project FinanceOfficer promotes
a collaborative, client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules
collaboration with the Operations, Programme teams in UNDP Indonesia
Country Office and with DGPRU project teams. The Project Finance Officer
may liaise with UNDP HQs staff and Government officials ensuring
successful Country Office (CO) performance in financial management.
Project Finance Officer has an authoritative knowledge on financial
management, policies and procedures as well as a strong understanding of
project management. He or she is skilled and confident in analyzing,
providing input and options, and suggestions for solutions on
finance-related matters. He or she is has the technical skills and a
broad picture of the work. He or she is able to work independently and
as a team.
an entry professional level. The incumbent (who has corresponding
educational background, but no experience in the field) is expected to
apply theoretical conceptual models, make rudimentary analysis of
project parameters in support of greater programme development
activities. Team environment provides rich learning opportunities,
facilitates rapid professional development. The duties performed as well
as external contacts are rather limited. The incumbent grows
professionally to be able to embrace responsibilities at higher levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Administer and implementthe operational and financial management strategies.
Provide support to the Project management, especially on the finance
and budget aspects.Projects budget management, including budget control
and spending projection.
3. Prepare financial report to the NationalProject Managers, Country Office, and donors
4. Monitor project accounts and process project closure as guided by POPP
Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the
Project Management and provide guidance to stakeholders on financial
mattersthe compliance to UNDP POPP and Financial Regulation and deliver
training to the project team;
andimplementoperational and financial management strategies,andadapts
processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules,
regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial
recording/reporting system and followup on audit recommendations;
implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a
client- and delivery-oriented financial resources management system.
business processes mapping at the project level and elaboration of the
content of Project Standard Operating Procedures in consultation with
the Supervisor and Finance CO as required
- Effective support tothe Operations Manager in ensuring project management specifically on finance and administration
financial transaction are identified, recorded and verified in
compliance with IPSAS as outlined in the corporate policies and
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial
situation, presentation of forecasts for the program and projects,
monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities,
- ecommendation for any business process improvement to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the project implementation.
- Provision of information and documents for the audit purposes and follow up implementation of audit recommendations.
Provide support to the Project Management, especially on the finance
and budget aspects.Manage and monitor theprojects’ budgets by focusing
on achievement of the following results:
and follow up on the Programme Portfolio Pipeline and Project Tree in
ATLAS. Entry of data of new grant into ATLAS in the form of Annual Work
Plans (AWPs), monitoring of AWPs status and properly closing of projects
according to preailing procedure within timeline.
advice on budgeting exercise with proper UNDP cost-recovery methodology
(implementation of General Management Servise (GMS) and Direct Project
- Elaboration of proposals and planning of financial
resources within the projects and program unit.Preparation of reports
containing analysis of the financial situation.
- Preparation and monitoring of budgets; regular analysis and reporting on the budget approvals and the delivery situation.
of the control mechanism for projects throughout the process of budgets
preparation, budget revision and reporting. Monitor the budgetary
status versus resources, follow up with HQ and donor for cash transfers.
support to the Operation Manager and Project Managers in preparing
Annual Work plan and donor report as required by donors
with UNDP CO and project staff in ensuring financial reporting for both
external and internal report has complied with UNDP rules and
regulations and accurate.
- Accuracy verification of Combined Delivery Report and follow-up on their signing by National Counterpart.
- Regular monitoring on the projects delivery.
- Verification and reconciliation of various expenditures reports from Atlas
4. Ensures proper control of accountsand process project closure by focusing on achievement of the following results:
and elaboration of proposals for the internal expenditures’ control
system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed,
transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; payrolls are
duly prepared; MPOs, travel claims and other entitlements are duly
processed, and receipting of goods and services and establishment of
accruals are properly done in compliance with IPSAS and UNDP policies
- Periodicallyfollow up exception in dashboards
and outstanding advance balance and identify remedial actions in
coordination with the supervisor.
- Timely corrective actions on
unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors,
match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.Timely response to project and CO
requests to resolve financial data issues.
- Control of the Accounts Receivables for UNDP projects and maintenance of the General Ledger.
- Timely project closure by ensuring the project, outputs and commitments are closed timely.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in
theProject Managementand provide guidance to stakeholders on financial
matters focusing on achievement of the following results:
ofguidance to the implementing agencies and other beneficiaries on
routine implementation of project, tracking use of financial resources.
- Deliveredtraining for the projects staff on financialmanagement and RBM
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in Finance.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
key results have an impact on the overall CO success in quality and
timely delivery, efficiency in financial resources management and
success in implementation of operational strategies. Accurate,
thoroughly researched and documented financial information, timely and
appropriate delivery of services ensure client satisfaction and enhance
UNDP credibility in use of financial resources..
an established network of contacts for general information sharing and
to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional
discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
to formulate and manage budgets; manage contributions and investments;
manage transactions; and conduct financial analysis, reporting and
- Possesses knowledge of organizational policies and procedures and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Researches and documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Make recommendations relative to work-processing approaches and procedures which would lead to more efficient systems design
potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports
back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Gathers, analyzes and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting
learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced (Masters) University Degree in Finance/Accounting would be preferable.
- Professional accounting qualification from an internationally recognized institute of finance/accountancy is desirable
3 (three) years (for Master Degree)or 6 (six) years(for Master Degree)
of relevant experiencein providing financial management and
administration services, managing staff and operational systems.
in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel,
etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages,
experience in handling of web based management systems and ERP
financials, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Experience of IPSAS and/or IFRS would be preferable.
- Demonstrated capacity to anticipate problems, provide analysis and recommendation for solutions,
- Demonstrated persuasion skills and authoritativeness in managing people.
- Fluency in the UN working language and the national language of the duty station.
is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender,
nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous
groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply . All applications
will be treated with the strictest confidence.
reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy
announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates
applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at
the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and