Position:Finance & Administration Assistant
Job Level and Category: National Position
Reports to: FCA Manager & FO
Abt Associates Inc, the International Economic Growth Division manages projects that are pioneering new approaches to agriculture, food security, climate change, and competitiveness—as well as monitoring and evaluating projects within these sectors. We work throughout Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East for chiefly governmental clients, including the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the Inter-American Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the World Bank and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
SOW Finance & Administration Assistant
• Assist with entering accounting transactions into Quicken Accounting Software on a daily basis, assist home office field accounting and project management staff in reconciling intercompany accounts. Prepare backup documentation for each transaction before submitting to COP for approval and issuing payment.
• Assist FCA Mgr & FO for Financial report to Home Office.
Procurement and Inventory Management:
• Assist with project procurements and supervising the inventory/maintenance of all equipment (Jakarta and field teams in Jambi West Sulawesi provinces) materials and supplies necessary for execution of project activities.
• Assist with verifying vendor invoices and deliveries, and make sure that all supporting documents are received and correct.
• Maintain equipment inventory, verifying all inventory items to make sure that the value of all items booked in Quicken Accounting Software under inventory accounts matches with the total value indicated in the inventory report. Ensure all inventory are labeled in accordance with Abt Associates Inc guidelines.
• Monitor and track all personnel benefits including vacation and sick day balances and bonuses. Process and submit required documentation and personnel taxes (as required by local law) to Ministry of Finance.
• Helps maintain proper and current files and records, procurement plans, procurement budget trackers by institutional partner/subcontractors, inventory system, and asset transfer files.
• Maintains employee and consultant files (local and expatriate), ensuring all required information is retained.
• Ensures timesheets are filled on a daily basis and submitted timely for payroll processing.
• Support technical staff in making travel arrangements,
• Other tasks as determined by F&A; Manager and/or COP
• CPA License, BA in Accounting or related field;
• Excellent speaking and writing skills in English required.
• Advanced computer skills, particularly in Quicken Accounting Software, MS Office software, word processing and spreadsheets required.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to be a strong team player.
• Present a professional demeanor and exercise professional judgment.
• Ability to prioritize work assignments; capable of making decisions which will foster timely work completion.
• Excellent and demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail.
• Ability to perform well with minimal supervision.
The Finance & Adm Assistant will report directly to the FCA Mgr.
Send CVs to [email protected]
by January 05, 2016.
Finalists will be contacted.