Hivos Southeast Asia is a Dutch non-governmental organization guided by
humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong
focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos
Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in
networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos
Southeast Asia seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title : Communication Officer Green Energy
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration : One year, with possibility of extension
Report to : Project Manager Green Energy
The Communication Officer Green Energy develops communication strategies,
organizes online and offline communication activities (e.g. conferences,
seminars), develops and disseminates communication materials and enables the
Hivos Southeast Asia community and its partners to communicate effectively.
The Communication Officer assists the Green Energy teams in the
communication dimension of each programme or project; provides the
communication framework to which the project adheres, in accordance with the
corporate values, identity, standards and formats and tools for internal and
external profiling and positioning. He/she may undertake specialized
communication strategies varying from lobbying to designing social media
activities relevant to the project.
This position combines the skills of Communication Officer and website
editor/copywriter. S/he ensures that project communication activities are
aligned with Hivos Southeast Asia’ corporate communication strategy, values,
identity, standards and formats as well as donor’s visibility requirements.
The Communication Officer also organises online and offline communication
activities, develops and disseminates printed and online communication
materials and enables the Hivos Southeast Asia community and its partners to
communicate effectively. Furthermore, s/he leads the development of the
Green Energy communication strategy and the implementation of communication
The Communication Officer Green Energy manages the Sumba Iconic Island
website and social media, writes texts and develops or provides visual
content (photos, illustrations, podcasts, videos and infographics) for
internal and external media.
To support both aspects of the work, the Communication Officer keeps abreast
of renewable energy developments in the country, regionally and
The Communication Officer works with Green Energy team members to ensure
that all communication activities are aligned with Hivos Southeast Asia’
corporate communication strategy, values, identity, standards and formats
and donor’s branding requirements
Roles and responsibilities
1. To develop communications assessment at Green Energy programmes and
as a result develop communications objectives and plan.
2. To develop strategic outreach for the communications materials.
3. To publish articles on Hivos Southeast Asia’ works in renewable
energy to relevant media/public channels
4. To lead in developing creative ways to publish and or document Hivos
Southeast Asia’s works (e.g. through photos/art/pictures).
5. When necessary, to write reports and prepare documentation that is
accessible (in English, support translation into Bahasa Indonesia and vice
6. To share and explore best/good practices and share it internally
(regional offices/Head Office) and externally (the public)
7. To respond and maintain regular contact with the Hivos Southeast
Asia’ Corporate Communication Officer.
8. To contribute towards developing an effective team and friendly
9. To design, develop, implement and evaluate the overall communication
and public relations strategy for selected projects, appropriate to target
audiences and the message being conveyed.
10. To develop and deliver all public relations and communication
materials, ensuring quality of content, production and delivery, including
preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts,
learning documentations, podcasts, promotional videos, photographs, films
and multimedia programs as well as the management of South East Asia and
Iconic Island websites (development and content management) and social media
11. To compile and organize news material (information and photographs) to
be exposed in the web, newsletter, social media and other media including
analyzing them for donor reporting
12. To be responsible for knowledge management by writing, documenting and
disseminating know-how, experience (highlighting success stories, good
practices and lessons learned) and information through various communication
13. To manage good relationship with the media for story coverage (print,
radio, TV), writing press releases and news updates for the media, pitch for
media partners in programs, develop media report on PR/media value on
program as part of donor report and mobilization of journalists for site
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
* Have affinity for Hivos Southeast Asia’ vision and mission and be
driven by a strong motivation to contribute to real and lasting change
* Have knowledge of and experience in the field of international
development cooperation and excellent skills in the development and
implementation of communication strategies.
* Is creative and outgoing
* Know how to reach your target groups through innovative and
* Have excellent writing and organisational skills.
* Have at least 5 years of working experience, in particular with
corporate and campaigning, communication, copywriting for another similar
website and use of social media
* Is very strong communicator in both English and Bahasa.
* Have a strong press network and social media savvy
* Is innovative and flexible and you are able to work in a complex
environment with multiple stakeholders and international partners.
* Have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, excellent
knowledge of corporate communication and branding, experience with content
management systems, and preferably with image editing.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the
possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
How to apply?
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘Communication
Officer Green Energy’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted
candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://hivos.org/.