Dear Devjobsindo members,The deadline to send your application is revised to Friday, 30 June 2017. On Friday, June 16, 2017 3:38 PM, Chandra Manalu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
THE ASEAN SECRETARIAT INVITES ASEAN NATIONALS TO APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONPROGRAMME MANAGERTHE ASEAN-ROK COOPERATION FUND (AKCF) PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT TEAM (AKPMT)Background Relations between the ASEAN and Republic of Korea (ROK) have developed into “strategic partnership” for the last twenty five years, since the Sectoral Dialogue Partnership was established in 1989. Building upon this partnership in 1990, the ROK government launched the ASEAN-ROK Special Cooperation fund (SCF) with an aim of enhancing people-to-people exchanges. In 1996, the ASEAN-ROK Future-Oriented Cooperation Project Fund (FOCP) was further launched in order to implement cooperation projects in the fields of human resource development, science and technology, governance, culture and sports, etc. The SCF and FOCP were merged into the ASEAN-ROK Cooperation Fund (AKCF) for a bigger volume to design flagship multi-year programmes. So far, the annual budget for the AKCF has been increased to 7 million USD. In order to enhance more effective utilization of AKCF, ASEAN and the Government of ROK had agreed to set up the ASEAN-ROKCF Programme Management Team (AKPMT) in Jakarta.The objectives of AKPMT are to jointly formulate and implement AKCF funded programmes/projects together with ASEAN. The AKPMT will be responsible for planning, design, management, implementation and programming of AKCF funded programmes/projects. The AKPMT will report to the ASEAN-ROK Joint Cooperation Committee (JCC) comprising ASEAN Member States, the Government of ROK and the ASEAN Secretariat. The ASEAN Secretariat is looking for a qualified ASEAN National to fill the position of Programme Manager who will work under the AKCF PMT. Duties and Responsibilities:
- The PROGRAMME MANAGER shall provide general management and coordination support to the Team Leader to ensure efficient and effective design and implementation of AKCF. The incumbent will:
- Undertake technical analysis and policy advice in identification, design, formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of AKCF programmes/projects and activities;
- Supervise AKCF reporting requirements and implement quality assurance processes, including visit to relevant facilities and attending relevant meetings as and when necessary;
- Facilitate effective liaison and coordination with ASEAN Secretariat. ASEAN Member States/Sectoral Bodies, Government of ROK, and other stakeholders/partners and to undertake visits/attend relevant meetings as and when necessary;
- Maintain a consolidated database of the overall progress of the AKCF programmes/projects implementation and the achievement of results, including records and progress of all programme/project activities and initiatives;
- Monitor and keep track of programme/project developments with the emphasis on ensuring their implementation, completion, and reporting requirements, including financial reports, as per AKCF guidelines and ASEC procedures and regulations;
- Prepare the status of each AKCF programme/project including its account and programmable balance in cooperation with the ASEAN Secretariat, as well as the semi-annual reports; and submit the reports to the ASEAN-ROK JCC and the ASEAN-ROK JCC Working Group (WG); and
- Manage the contract performance and mobilise inputs required from Consultants/ Specialists/Experts to support the AKCF programme formulation or implementation work.
- Postgraduate degree, preferably in Development Studies, International Relations, Social Sciences or a discipline in relevant policy area covered by the Programme.
- Minimum of six (6) year-experience in development assistance, or relevant field. Experience in AMS or ASEAN would be an advantage.
- Proven ability in ODA (Official Development Assistance) programme/ project formulation and management as well as financial and administrative management.
- Solid understanding of development cooperation, and regional issues, nature of ASEAN programmes and activities. Knowledge of ASEAN-ROK strategic relations is an advantage.
- High-level interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with government representatives, public and private sector organisations and other stakeholders.
- Proven high-level analytical skills including use of Microsoft Office applications, and ability to provide clear and concise reports.
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
- Proficiency in Korean language will be an advantage.
Remuneration:The successful candidates will initially be contracted until 1 February 2019, subject to initial three (6) months’ probation period. An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated commensurate to the experience and qualification of the candidate. Renewal of contract on annual basis will be negotiated subject to the agreement among the three parties (Appointee, ASEAN Secretariat and Government of Korea). How to apply:Send your application to email@example.com highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, including a recent passport-sized photograph and certified true copies of educational certificates obtained, and completed Employment Application Form, which can be downloaded at www.asean.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for Programme Manager for AKCF PMT. Application papers should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 30 June 2017. The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.Note:ASEC Employment Form can be downloaded at: www.asean.org/opportunities/asec-employment-form ********