CARE International Indonesia (CII), as an international NGO, has carried out large scale operations in Indonesia, encompassing emergency operations, transitional activities centered on agriculture and nutrition and a range of development initiatives in such areas as water and sanitation, health and enterprise & economic development. CARE International Indonesia is currently recruiting the following position for :
JOB TITLE : CONSULTANT to FACILITATE the COUNTRY PRESENCE REVIEW (CPR)
Care International (CI) is undergoing a major transformational change process toward a fully interdependent organization that enables a network of peers to have more relevance and to achieve greater impact on poverty and social injustice. As part of this process and consistent with the principles of the CI Board’s Delhi Resolution, CARE is undertaking a review of its role, relevance and operating models in the countries where it is present. In Indonesia this will include assessing the potential to become a national member of CARE International.
Under the guidance of CARE Indonesia’s Country Director (CD) and CARE Canada’s Director, CO Program Quality and Strategy (PQ&S) the consultant will be responsible for facilitating the country presence review outlined in the draft CPR Proposal.
The consultant will use a combination of document review, key informant interviews (staff and external stakeholders) and consultative workshops.
• Proposing a methodology, budget and work plan, including timeline, with the appropriate mix of methods to surface the key information, analyze main options and considerations, and develop the key recommendations of the review;
• Leading the process of collecting, analyzing, collating and reporting throughout the various stages of the process;
• Facilitating consultative workshop(s) required to analyze options and formulate recommendations;
• Writing the CPR report, incorporating feedback from Steering Group members.
• A report of no more than 20 pages (plus appendices) following the CPR report template;
• Analysis of 2-3 proposed options for presence, including pros and cons, cost considerations, and implications for the country office and CI;
• Recommendations on future presence and key changes required to ensure success.
February – June 2016
The consultant(s) will have:
• Strong analytical and writing skills;
• Ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders in face-to-face and virtual settings;
• Experience with key informant interviews and facilitating consultative meetings;
• A mentoring approach to working with staff teams;
• Native speaker or equivalent ability in English;
• Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia is an asset.
TERMS OF OFFER
Interested applicant please send CV and Cover Letter before January 19, 2016 to CARE International Indonesia, Human Resources Unit: [email protected]
“Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted”