Vacant Position: COMMUNICATION LEAD
KOMPAK (Governance for Growth) is a large and complex program that is uniquely placed to add value to the Government of Indonesia’s own efforts to improve the social and economic conditions of its citizens; it is aimed at economic expansion and poverty reduction in Indonesia. Abt Associates is supporting frontline services—including health and education—while identifying governance constraints. The work accompanies the implementation of Village Law, new national rules that empower local communities and increase the direct flow of money to village governments and services. KOMPAK seeks to strengthen the capacity of all levels of government to improve services, respond to citizen needs and contribute to stable prosperity.
With an estimated start in September 2016, this role reports directly to Director Strategy, Performance and Innovation, and is responsible for the overall development and implementation of the KOMPAK communication strategy, including managing the communication section. This position will work cooperatively with other senior management members, and other KOMPAK sections to promote the purpose and successes of KOMPAK to stakeholders using a variety of media.
Role responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead the development and implementation of an overarching KOMPAK communication strategy and which guides KOMPAK’s overall organizational identity and communication to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the communication section to implement the above strategy, which may include coordinators and managers.
- Lead the development and/or update of corporate guidelines and protocols for internal and external communication purposes and ensure their application as per agreed quality assurance processes.
- Lead the management of support and advise the program delivery section for their communication needs, including communication support for the government ministries as counterparts of the program delivery section and providing quality assurance on all communications aspects
- In consultation with KOMPAK team members, assist and lead in the development of and be the custodian of all external communications materials produced by KOMPAK;
- In collaboration with other teams in KOMPAK, lead knowledge management efforts for both internal and external purposes, including, but not limited to, identification and reporting of “success stories” to key stakeholders, providing information about KOMPAK activities and outcomes, formulation of research reports and/or policy briefs to be disseminated to larger public, including media, CSOs, and academia.
- Lead and provide oversight to KOMPAK media events and ensure appropriate arrangements are in place for the success of the event;
- Provide quality assurance, guidance and oversight to the production of KOMPAK publications and media materials, including all KOMPAK print, photo, and video materials;
- Manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges, including crisis issues;
- Together with the KOMPAK Program team where required, lead the KOMPAK communications liaison with the Government of Indonesia and maintain ongoing relationships with GoI communications counterparts to the benefit of KOMPAK where possible;
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
For your application to be considered by the panel, interested applicants must submit a response to each of the following Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing, Journalism or a related discipline (essential)
- Post-graduate qualifications (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of communication strategies and systems appropriate to the DFAT and the Indonesian context (essential)
- Excellent understanding and capacity to harness new technologies
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Hands on experience in a supervisory/managerial capacity is (preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of innovative forms of communications for different stakeholders
- Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties
- Able to communicate fluently in Indonesian and English
- Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship among all KOMPAK partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues
For Further Information and Application Details
For more details, please refer to the link below. Applications should be made online via our dedicated careers website and include a current CV. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and provided with detailed position descriptions and interview details. Shortlisted applicants may also be asked to undertake a work-simulation exercise or other skills test as part of the selection process. We welcome and thank all applicants but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The deadline to submit your application is Monday, 29 August 2016 (5pm AEST)
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognized leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long-term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record.
Please send your application through our website:
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We encourage applicants from experienced and capable women, and people with disabilities.
KOMPAK HR Team