Dear Administrator,Please help to share this to the group. Thanks.
Senior Project Officer (Ref.No: 1632)
Program Management & Coordination (PMC) Team
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is a nonprofit, global research organization dedicated toadvancing human well-being, environmental conservation and equity.
We conduct research that enables moreinformed and equitable decision making about the use and management of tropicaland sub-tropical forest landscapes. We help policy makers and practitionersshape effective policy, improve the management of tropical forests and addressthe needs and perspectives of people who depend on forests for theirlivelihoods. Our multidisciplinary approach considers the underlying drivers ofdeforestation and degradation which often lie outside the forestry sector:forces such as agriculture, infrastructure development, trade and investmentpolicies and law enforcement.
CIFOR is looking for
Under thesupervision of the Team Leader-PMC, the Senior Project Officer will provideeffective and efficient support, coordination and management of CIFOR’sprojects implementation activities. This will require: substantial initiativeand judgment; understanding of CIFOR’s systems, policies and procedures; andclose collaboration with Team Leaders, Project Managers, Finance, HumanResources, Team Supports, Resource Development and Partnerships, and CIFOR’spartners.
Summary of responsibilities
· Work closely withLegal Officer to develop partnership agreements and amendments with partnersand collaborators in close consultation with project managers and in compliancewith CIFOR’s policies and procedures,
· Work closely with project managers to ensure timely technical reporting and deliverables, including from partners and to funders in compliance with CIFOR’s policies and funder’s guidelines,
· Provide support inmanaging all business processes related to project management system under the responsibilityof PMC, such as submission of project start-up, project tracking, and projectclosure,
· Work closely with Project Management SupportOfficer to ensure accurate and timely update of project data in ProjectManagement System,
· Liaise with finance for timely and accurate project budget to support projectmanagers for efficient budget management,
· Maintain and monitorPMC project database,
· Coordinate and compile supporting documentsand/or CIFOR’s information for various project activities, including but notlimited to submission of concept notes, proposals, auditor visit andenhancement of CIFOR’s website and/or project websites,
· Liaise with partners and collaborators on thefinancial and technical obligation, invoice and payment process,
· Facilitate effective communication within the project team as well as toother team to strengthen the coordination of project activities implementation,
· Provide back-up support to fellow Senior Projectsupport Officers as necessary,
· Assist with other related responsibilities withinPMC, as required.
Details ofduties, assignments and objectives will be further discussed and laid out inthe staff’s annual performance contract.
Education, knowledgeand experience
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields is required. Master’s degree preferable,
· A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in project administrationand management, proven experience in international project, financialmanagement as well as human resources policies and procedures,
· Excellent written and spoken English,
· Strong computer skills in word processing, database and other relevantoffice applications.
PersonalAttributes and Competencies
· Excellent skills in organizing and priority setting, with the ability towork effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities,
· Initiative and ability to work independently and effectively as a partof a team
· Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability toeffectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-culturalenvironment,
· Experience in working with a wide and diverse network of groups andindividuals,
· Proactive, target-driven, and diligent.
Terms and Conditions
· This is a nationally recruited staff (NRS) position.CIFOR offers competitive remuneration, commensuratewith skills and experience,
· The appointment is for 2 years, inclusive 6 monthsprobationary period, with a possibility of extension contingent uponperformance, continued relevance of the position and available resources,
· The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor,Indonesia.
· The application deadline is 21 October 2016
· We will acknowledge allapplications,butwill contact only short-listedcandidates.
Toapply, please visit our career site at
Tolearn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staffdiversity contributes to excellence.