ISLAMIC RELIEF PURPOSE:
To promote sustainable economic and social development through development programmes, helping the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
Islamic Relief is a UK based charity that seeks to alleviate the sufferings of the world’s poorest people. The Indonesia programme was established in 2003 to deliver emergency relief and developmental activity in disaster prone and impoverished areas. Since then the agency implemented multi – sectoral programme in Banda Aceh, Banten, West Java, Jogjakarta, NTB and West Sumatera.
Presently IR is implementing a child welfare programme in Aceh and rolling out an integrated sustainable development programme in NTB. The Indonesia programme is managed by Jakarta based country office that provides administrative, programmatic and financial oversight to the field offices.
Senior Operation Officer (1 Position)
Post holder reports to: Country Director
For Procurement Post holder reports to: Logistic Coordinator
Responsible for the day to day internal (program quality, management, reporting) activities of the organization and make sure that the strategic objectives of the organization are being implemented. To provide leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s vision and mission, and its annual goals and objectives.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Liaison, Data Management and Reporting
· Assist the Country Director in establishing and strengthening partnerships and relations with the Government counterparts, NGOs and relevant organizations.
· Actively participate in the formulation of Annual and Quarterly Actions Plans and monitor progress in a timely and periodic manner;
· As and when required, collate and update information pertinent to programme, government procedures, donor and institutional funding instruments etc and ensure IRI’s participation at strategic forums and coordination platforms,
· As and when required, represent the programme and organizational interests of IRI at various platforms to highlight IRI’s role in Indonesia while also achieving a well coordinated and synergetic implementation of IRI activities in the country;
· Support the finance team in providing budget plans for official Events, Workshops, Meetings and conferences with the Government and counterparts;
· Ensure compliance with Project documentation and donor guidelines including:
– Approved Project proposal and budget and any donor approved changes.
– Donor contract
– Donor procedure manuals
– Project agreements with Partners
· Monthly reporting to the Country Director also Ensure quality and timeliness standards of reporting
· Facilitating Country Director for renewal arrangement in line with Administrative issue (MoU extension, etc)
· Develop, maintain and strengthen relations with other agencies working in
the same geographical area.
· Establish local procedures in order to liaise effectively with local
government institutions. This may include such things as: planning,
implementing, reporting, monitoring and evaluation, obtain the authorization, custom clearance or any other aspect that
requires local government understanding and support for effective project
· Ensure that ICT works effectively across the organization
· Assist in the procurement of IT equipment, by providing technical advice to Procurement staff
and ensure that IT equipment is inventoried and tracked properly.
· Assist in the archiving of IR records / data in accordance with IRW’s global policy for data
· Liaise with ISPs and other ICT service providers for issues relating to internet connectivity and
· Providing support to the Country Director in the reviewing of project requests describing database
user needs, ICT equipments and any other issues in the time estimation and cost required to
accomplish project (annually).
· Supporting IR in reviewing the procedures in database management system manuals for making
changes to database.
· Take lead in updating Islamic Relief Indonesia website and Organization Profiles.
Seasonal Programs and Emergencies:
· Take lead in the implementation of IRI Seasonal Programs e.g. Ramadhan Package and
· Take part and participate in IRI interventions on any Disasters & Emergencies programme
through need assessment (procurement, selected the beneficiaries and location)
· Other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
Procurement and Disposal
· Assist the Logistics Coordinator in the procurement of goods and services in Jakarta and as
required in field areas;
· Prepare and update technical specifications of goods and services requested by projects /
country office and establish quality procedures for the purpose of control;
· Assist the logistics officer in the preparation of disposal documents (business case, value
appraisal, bidding forms etc)
· Organize procurement committee meetings and circulate minutes among participants.
· Identify and scrutinize competent suppliers and periodically maintain and update a list of
specialized and general order suppliers
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
· Excellent data management and archiving system
· Excellent written and verbal communication skill
· Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia
· Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner with high level of accuracy and attention to details
· Presentation skills with due attention to different audiences.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing at all levels of the organization.
· Excellent interpersonal skill with an approachable working style
· Familiar with Procurement processes.
· Ability to work within a team and independently
· Able to release oneself to take part in Disaster or Emergency situations.
· Experienced in conducting assessments in Disaster or Emergency situations.
· Minimum 3 years INGO experience
· Graduated from a reputable university in relevant field activities.
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
If you meet the above requirements kindly send ONLY your Application letter and detailed CV including recommendations from 3 referees (one of them your immediate former employer) to: [email protected]. Please put the job title and your name in subject of your email.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 21 November 2015