Senior Operations Manager, Indonesia
Location: Jakarta, IndonesiaGrade: G3Post Date: 24 December 2015Closing Date: 21 January 2016Type of contract: Individual ContractorContract/assignment duration: 3 yearsThis is a local position therefore expatriate benefits are not applicableINTRODUCTIONThe Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a new international organization committed to strong, inclusive green growth. We assist developing and emerging countries with integrating their ambitions for strong economic performance and environmental sustainability with the goal of bringing about poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and climate change mitigation and adaptation.Headquartered in Seoul, GGGI was established by treaty in June 2012 at the United Nations Rio+20 Conference by an initial group of eighteen nations who share the organization’s vision. To date, there are total of 24 Member Countries who joined the organization.GGGI has a diverse portfolio of programs in developing countries around the world. These in-country programs, together with global products and services, focus on delivering results through an integrated approach of evidence-based green growth planning and implementation aligned to countries’ development priorities. The organization also focuses on knowledge development and management activities which build a strong theoretical and empirical basis for green growth, while providing concrete options and guidance for policymakers; as well as building the conditions for public and private green infrastructure investments.POSITION SUMMARYIn support of GGGI’s Indonesia country program, the Senior Operations Specialist will oversee all administrative practices across multiple offices in Indonesia to ensure effective and successful delivery in country operationsPURPOSEThe Senior Operation Specialist will analyze current operation practices (Finance, HR, Procurement, Facilities and IT) and identify potentials for improvement to streamline operation practices and reduce inefficiencies in GGGI’s Indonesia offices in Jakarta, Central Kalimantan and East Kalimantan and also ensure alignment to overall GGGI policies and procedures. This position is critical since the Indonesia program is expected to expand further in the coming year.ENGAGEMENTThe position requires significant interaction with internal stakeholders within GGGI specifically with Finance, HR and Procurement teams at Seoul HQ.
- The Senior officer will collaborate with internal teams to ensure alignment and adherence of Indonesia’s operation practices with overall financial, human resources and procurement practices at GGGI and work with internal teams to resolve any administrative issues that arises
- The Senior Officer also requires to engage with officials within the Government of Indonesia in charge of administrative arrangements with International Origanisations (IO) with in country program and operations to support finalizing the Host Country Agreement (HCA) arrangements and ensure alignment with Government of Indonesia’s laws and regulations.
- Oversee financial audits, monitor and implement effective budget management practices to ensure financial regulations & standards are in alignment with GGGI and donor policies under multiple grant sources
- Ensure implementation of a functional procurement system to support the Indonesia team, in line with GGGI’s policies and regulations
- Oversee Facilities and Information & Communication Technology, including the use of VOIP and effective storage and management of all data and information under the country program
- Organize provisions of administrative services (multiple locations) related to office management, official travel, training, workshop and conference planning, honoria, per diems etc
- Manage overall recruitment and onboarding of Indonesia country program’s human resources (staff & consultants) to ensure HR practices are in alignment with Indonesia’s law and GGGI’s HR rules and policies
- Manage and monitor relevant management and financial modules of GGGI’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System for the country program
- Collaborate with and guide administrative staff across multiple locations in Indonesia to ensure efficient implementation of M&A duties and to make sure GGGI’s policies and regulations are followed by all team members in the country program
- Ensure that GGGI Indonesia program complies with Government of Indonesia laws and regulations as an International Organization, including adherence to tax rules and regulations
- Higher education degree with at least 10 years’ experience in Finance, Management and Administration role and strong finance oversight skills
- A proven track record of managing country program operations and grants in multilateral, international or non-governmental organizations.
- A solid track record of managing multiple teams delivering M&A support to the Program.
- Ability to provide strong management direction with the ability to quickly and efficiently understand, organize, and solve management problems.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize under stressful circumstances.
- Versatile, personable and flexible in the face of a complex project.
- Proven track record of taking initiative independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and diverse team.
- An excellent command of written English and Indonesian.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidate should apply to : http//gggi.org/career/job/79
- Please submit CV and Cover Letter in English (Merged into one PDF file)
- Given the high volume of applications, GGGI can unfortunately only contact candidates with whom we intend to have further discussions.
- For more information on GGGI, please visit our website at www.gggi.org