Hivos Southeast Asia is a Dutch non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title : Field Finance and Admin Officer
Duty Station : Ende, Flores
Duration : Two years
Report to : Project Manager PRISMA
Aim of the job
Since 2014, Hivos Southeast Asia has been implementing a Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) project on behalf of the DFAT-funded Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Promoting Rural Income through Support for Markets in Agriculture (AIP-PRISMA) program. The project, entitled “Commercial Pig Rearing in Nusa Tenggara Timur”, was implemented in Flores in partnership with private sector entities, civil society organisations, and individual farmers. Phase 1 of this project concluded in May 2016. Phase 2 is anticipated to begin in July 2016 and to run for two years. During Phase 2 the implementation region will be expanded to include locations in Sumba.
The objective of the project is to increase pig farmer incomes by improving and incentivizing productivity. This will be achieved by addressing several constraints on farmers’ efficient participation in the market, namely: facilitating farmer access to finance; increasing the speed at which pigs can be raised via the introduction of improved pig breeds; encouraging the development of service providers for fodder, extension services, commercial aggregation and processing; and developing retail, wholesale and export potential in NTT.
The Admin and Finance Officer is part of the Hivos PRISMA field project team and will be based in the project’s main field office in Ende. The Admin and Finance Officer supports the field project team by maintaining the administration and financial flow and controlling and reporting financial and administration documents to Hivos Jakarta office regularly. S/he is also responsible to assist the field project team overseeing the project to be delivered with the partners and relevant stakeholders as well as ensuring the compliance towards donor requirements: results, budget, contract (implementation).
The Admin and Finance Officer coordinates with other Finance Officers, the Project Officer and Project Manager.
Roles and responsibilities
1. Controlling and monitoring budget to ensure fund availability every month.
2. Regularly assess and process field staff’s as well as field partner’s (if any) requested advance and liquidation fund (and completeness of its supporting documents), in coordination with field staff and finance team Hivos Jakarta office.
3. Verifying all office equipment are procured, registered and handed over in accordance with donor requirement.
4. Ensuring the availability of all financial information for the reports in Hivos Southeast Asia database.
5. Liaising with all related parties in preparing the financial reports.
6. Ensuring the completeness of supporting financial documents as required by donors.
7. Providing data to auditor as required.
8. Providing advices on financial matters related to programmes.
9. Supporting Hivos Southeast Asia office accounting as required.
10. Contributing to project update as well as project coordination meeting.
11. Provide necessary administrative/logistic support to team members and to make sure the related procedure is in compliance with Hivos Southeast Asia and AIP-PRISMA procedure.
12. Draft and maintain contractual document for third parties in soft copy and hard copy based on Hivos Southeast Asia standard.
13. Assist in meetings/event arrangements that led by Hivos Southeast Asia in field in relation with the project implementation and prepare Minutes of Meeting (MoM) during coordination meeting.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
Relevant education level of working and thinking.
Relevant work experience: minimum 2 years in managing administrative and financial reporting of project
Very good in accounting and working with external parties
Work experience in international environment and financial project management will be a good feature.
Having respect for humanitarian or humanist principles and willing to work in a non- discriminating, neutral, impartial and gender equal environment
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Hivos Salary Scale : 5
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 20th June 2016.
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘Admin and Finance Officer – PRISMA’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://hivos.org/.