(Disability) Inclusion & Gender Thematic Officer
Handicap International (HI), is an International NGO specialised in the field of disability and development with objective to support people in situations of disability or vulnerability, whatever may be the cause and the environment underlying that situation (extreme poverty, exclusion, deficient social and health systems, serious violation or denial of basic rights, natural disasters, violence and armed conflict). For more information on Handicap International please visit web site at www.handicap-international-id.orgIn order to manage the establishment, implementation and evaluation of the specific thematic of HI program; ‘Inclusion and Gender’ and to ensure the relevance of HI Indonesia & Timor-Leste Disability approaches, Handicap International is currently looking for the following position for its office in Yogyakarta:
Position Title : (Disability) Inclusion & Gender Thematic Officer
Location : Yogyakarta
Closing date : August 2, 2016
Salary Range*) : Rp 5.800.000 – Rp 8.000.000
*) Starting salary amount will be based on objective weighting of qualification and experience of the successful candidate.
Under the line-management of the Country Coordinator, the Thematic Officer will work with the stakeholders involved in different projects implementation. S/he will work closely with the project team members and HI partners. S/he will participate in the implementation follow up, monitoring and evaluation of the activities of HI projects. The tasks in particular are:
1. To sensitize and mobilize local partners, authorities, professionals and community about gender and disability issues in their field of intervention
2. Accompany monitoring and, if necessary, assist with the writing of documents linked to the project or in the organisation knowledge building
3. Assume an advisory function with regard to the project managers for the monitoring and evaluation of project implementation in your field of expertise
4. Carry out assessment missions, feasibility studies and situation analyses in the field of expertise, upon request of the project managers
5. Accompany the analysis of any recommendations resulting from evaluations made and their implementation
6. Liaise and be the key/contact person in the field of expertise for internal and external contacts and partners
DUTY STATION: The Thematic Officer will be based in Yogyakarta with frequent travels to the field (mainly Timor-Leste and NTT) .
PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor Degree in social science or equivalent of professional experience
* Minimum of 2 years practical experience in the field in question
* Minimum of 2 years of experience working in disability issues and/or in organization working on disability issues
* Excellent written and spoken English
* Previous experience with DPOs & CSOs
* Experience working in gender issues and/or in gender mainstreaming organization
* Knowledge in disability legislation of Indonesia and/or Timor-Leste
Only short listed candidates matching with at least the essential requirement will be contacted.
Initial contract will be for a period of 12 months with a renewal possibility
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly encourages persons with disabilities to apply
Any interested candidates should send their motivation letter together with CV and references less than 200 KB and no later than August 2, 2016 to:
HR of Handicap-International
Email to : [email protected]
(please put in reference in Subject: TO – Jogja)
Residents of Yogyakarta province will be highly appreciated.