The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. In Indonesia, TNC has been supporting improved natural resource planning and management for more
than 20 years, including working with government, private sector, and local communities. We currently have internship (magang) opportunities as follows:
GIS Intern (Tenaga Magang untuk GIS)
The Geographic Information System (GIS) Intern assists in gathering, processing, and distributing routine GIS data and information. As directed, the Intern will generate, collate, organize, maintain and archive GIS data. S/he will help serve as a technical
resource for several projects under Indonesia Terrestrial Program (ITP) and help provide ITP’s staff members with relevant GIS data needed to make informed decisions, build capacity, and help implement conservation planning throughout ITP. Work duties are
performed under direct supervision of ITP – Conservation Planner (for position in Jakarta).
In particular, the Intern will:
- Generate GIS digital data, thematic maps, map layouts and other spatial products.
- Collate and encode spatial data to facilitate data archiving, retrieval and processing.
- Load and update GIS in existing databases using appropriate software. Secure data with appropriate backup procedures.
- Develop maps and related data for inclusion in reports and publications.
- Assist in providing GIS technical input to planning, project development, report writing, and related activities.
- Conduct natural resource and related data research (spatial as well as non-spatial) and queries as directed, including collecting data for logging/timber concessions, plantations (oil palm) and other spatial data needed from various data sources.
- Perform various GIS tasks, such as overlays and conversion of coverage, data format and projection conversion, GPS data collection/post-processing/projection, data reconciliation, etc., and to perform remote-sensing manipulations, such as geo-referencing,
image calibration, image processing and analysis, feature extraction, and produce land cover/land use maps.
- Spatial data and metadata maintenance
- Fresh graduate degree in geographic or other related science (final-years outstanding student will be considered)
- Up to 2 years work experience in geospatial analysis and database development.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work cooperatively with internal and external partners.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Proficient in learning new software application
- Experience with ArcGIS, QGIS, ENVI and other GIS/RS software
- Ability to clearly document and communicate technical workflows
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with remotely sensed data sources and concepts
- Able to work and coordinate in an international environment
If you are interested to apply, please send your CV to
[email protected] , not later than July 24, 2016. Please insert the position title you wish to apply in your email subject.