Sahabat Cipta (SC) is an Indonesian non-profit organization founded in 2007 by professionals in development with a vision of increased welfare for smallholders in Indonesia. SC was established together with the Swisscontact Indonesia Foundation (SIF), an Indonesian registered non-profit organization founded by the same professionals who founded SC. Effective 1st January 2014, SC has been appointed by the Board of Trustee of SIF to represent the interest of SIF in implementing programs in Indonesia. SC has a connection with Swisscontact, the Swiss Foundation for Technical Cooperation based in Zurich. The establishment of SC and SIF was among others to ensure that the capacity built by Swisscontact will sustain through an Indonesian organization. Ms. Dollaris Riauaty Suhadi who is the Executive Director of SIF is also the Executive Director of SC.
SC mission is to empower communities with new skills and opportunities so they become self-reliant. SC focuses on provision of project management, strategic advice and training in the field of local economic development, small enterprise development, rural skills development, microfinance, and environmental management. Since its start, SC has developed and implemented more than 25 projects with funding from international and Indonesian donor partners, and positioned itself in the field of sustainable social investment and development projects. SC adopt market development approach in promoting pro-smallholder growth that will lead to increased welfare. Over the past 6 years, SC has accumulated project portfolio valued at more than US$ 15 million.
Currently SC is looking for a Project Manager.
Duty Station: Berau, East Kalimantan, Indonesia
Objectives of the Assignment
The overall objective of this assignment is to support SC in planning, implementation and monitoring of the mandates commissioned by a donor partner with the aim to ensure successful project implementation.
Specifically, the Project Manager (PM) is expected to contribute under the direct supervision of the Executive Director (ED):
· Be responsible for the overall management of the respective project and towards the respective donor partner
· Provide guidance to the project team
· Communicate the project to stakeholders and partners
· Work together with the stakeholders and manage their expectations
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
· Develop and implement project activity plan with reference to the approved work plan and budget
· Prepare and implement project communication plan
· In case of changes of plan and budget, communicate to ED and obtain approval prior to execution
· Measure, evaluate, and report progress made compared to the plan using the reporting tools as per project guideline
· Manage budget and report the budget utilization to ED and the respective donor partner
· Prepare project implementation reports in accordance with requirements set by the donor partner and submit them to ED and donor partner
· Coordinate and manage activities conducted by the project team members
· Evaluate performance of each project team member, and communicate the results and recommendations to ED
· Address and solve problems arising as a result of implementation of the project
· Organize and chair regular project team meeting to discuss progress and issues in project implementation
· Conduct quality control of documents prior to submission to related parties
Specific Tasks related to the Project Administration
· Maintain time recording according to SC guideline
· Maintain expense recording for the activities conducted according to SC accounting standards and project manual.
Reporting and Coordination
The PM will report to the ED in all matters, and coordinate with Director of Operations in project financial and administrative related matters. She/he will execute this assignment based on specific guidelines, including operational procedures, templates, and deadlines of the project. The PM will work independently with minimum input and supervision.
Time-frame and Workload
Starting date of the PM is expected to be August 1, 2016 with a period of employment contract until December 31, 2017. However, possible extension for other position is made open if the performance during the assignment is satisfying. The assignment of the PM is full-time with 100% input of 8 hours per day and 5 days a week.
Qualifications and Experience
· University degree in agriculture, engineering or economics
· Computer literacy, including the use of Microsoft Office Applications
· Familiar with financial and managerial accounting
· Good report writing and communication skills
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully work within a team
· High degree of self-motivation, commitment to achieve results, and integrity
· Flexibility for working and travelling according to project needs
· Experience in managing a development project in agriculture/agro-forestry with a specific sector of cacao or pepper is an advantage
· Having some technical knowledge in Field Farming School is also an advantage
Language: Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia
Interested candidate can submit his/her application together with a cover letter and curriculum vitae to: [email protected]
with a subject: Project Manager East Kalimantan – [name of the candidate]
Deadline: 8 July 2016. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.