Position: Project Manager
Reports to: Program Director
Location: Bogor, Indonesia.
Key Relationships: Management Team, Program Team, Financial and Admin Team, Web Administrator, Partners
Duration and Working Hours: Full time, 08.00 – 17.00
Effective Date: Soon as Possible
Purpose of this position
Leads in managing the grants, but not limited to MCAI and DGMI of the Samdhana Institute, covering determining how projects under her/his administrative boundary should effectively and efficiently be implemented, which tasks need to be completed as planned, and how to go about it in order to achieve the greatest level of success. This includes also budgeting, staffing, ensuring regulation compliance, organizing audits, liaising with the grantor, following grantor guidelines, and evaluating program performance.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
A. Program Quality Implementation
In consultation with the Management Team managing and supporting the grants requirement and implementation with the following duties and responsibilities;
- Leading in the processes of grant mechanism to ensure participation of the national steering committee members to uphold fair review and selection of grantees;
- Overseeing all project activities and be the main contact person and mentor for all grantees;
- Ensuring project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the donor organization and the Samdhana Institute.
- Budgeting and financial monitoring, ensuring timely and good quality of all program expenditures and activities consistent with the agreed detailed work plan;
- Conduct the regular monitoring (monthly, quarterly and annually) of project activities to ensure objectives of the projects are being met, and report to donor is high quality and timely submitted;
- Ensuring all grant follows the financial policies and procedures and liaise with the Finance Unit to ensure the integrity of financial documents, procedures and reports;
B. Knowledge Management
Supported by the Program Assistant and Program Admin ensuring processes of development of knowledge management of the Samdhana Institute, particularly the project under her/his administrative boundary takes place by performing the following main tasks:
- In collaboration with other Grant Managers promotes an integrated approach to identifying, capturing,evaluating, retrieving, and sharing all of information that the organization possesses;
- Actively provide inputs in the development and discussion on knowledge management and information systems;
- Oversee the management of information within her/his administrative boundary;
- Ensuring that the information needs of the organization are met in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
- Encouraging and facilitating program key stakeholders – staff, grantees, advisors, and fellows to share knowledge;
- Ensuring the Samdhana’s program key stakeholders – staff, grantees, advisors, and fellows are aware of the knowledge management resources available to support their work.
- Supervise a Program Assistant and Program Admin to manage the day-to-day operation of the program;
- Conduct Performance Evaluation of Program Assistant and Program Admin in coordination with the
- HRD to maintain job satisfaction and address staff development need;
- To undertake other duties as required by line manager
- Master degree in development activities, or any other relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing grants for donor organizations.
- Experience with NGO grants management system highly preferred
- Knowledgeable on one of the following: community based natural resources management, environmental and social management framework and gender in development activities
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to manage large budgets and donor expectations
- Demonstrated effectiveness in communicating with donor and project stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills required for working with project staff and beneficiaries
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with limited guidance
- Excellent communication skills are essential to write effectively and persuasively and be able to present information in a variety of settings and formats
- Visit fields/sites as required
- Fluency in English is a must
Terms and Conditions
a. Samdhana will offer a full benefit package of remuneration
b. Three months’ probationary period, continued with one year working contract after a satisfactory assessment
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English, relevant experiences, past salary history, three referees soon as possible, to [email protected], placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.