Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts.
The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local
financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. Based in Zurich, Swisscontact is active in 27 countries and has some 800 employees. For our Sustainable Cocoa
Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for a:
Job Title : Public Relation and Communication Officer (Communication)
Job Code : PRC2-MKS
Place of duty : Makassar
Number of position : 1 person
Contract Duration : Annual basis, which can be extended upon agreement
Objective of Assignment
The roles of the a PR & Communication officer for Communication are provide assistance to Senior Officer of Communication in implementing, communicating, overseeing the program’s mandates, strategy, illustrating the policies, interests,
impact and it’s achievement.
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
• Under consultative supports from the Superior, to engage, maintain and nourish internal communication within the Program staffs through various effective and efficient channels
such as newsletter, team building events, director message, regional visit, etc. as well as across Swisscontact’s projects in Indonesia.
• Under consultative supports from the Superior, to develop, plan and deliver compelling and credible success stories of SCPP beneficiaries in regular basis.
• Maintain the company’s corporate image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage.
• Under consultative supports from the Superior, to liaise with program partner organizations, local government offices, and other stakeholders on matters related to public relations
and the marketing, including where appropriate, cooperation on joint events, media visit, program expose, exhibition or press-conferences
• Cultivate personal and professional relationships with key local journalists to achieve the highest Program visibility in print, broadcast and online media outlets.
• Perform other duties assigned by line manager and Program Director.
Communication, Supervision, and Reporting
• Reports directly to Senior Officer of Communication and maintain daily team coordination
• Coordinate with the in line manager, technical manager, Regional Program Officer, Program Officer, Field Facilitators, Research and Content unit to ensure accurate and up-to-date content is available for the
Program implementation purposes such as Success Story, Training Manual, public presentations, case studies, articles and other publication materials
• At least 2 years working in Media or Marketing & Communication field as well expertise in excellent speaking and writing (both English and Bahasa Indonesia). Writing samples required
upon receipt of resume.
• Experience working in inter-cultural teams and environments;
• Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality outputs on time in a tight schedule;
• Good interpersonal skills and commitment to working in a team;
• The ability to use Microsoft Office 2010 (including Microsoft Publisher) is required.
• Established relationships with local press communities is preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Good in personal organization, planning and priority setting.
• Excellent at taking initiatives, focused and result oriented
• Demonstrated flexibility and capable of managing a variety of tasks with minimal supervision
Bachelor or Master’s degree in communication, journalism, Public Relation OR two years of related field.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on
December 11th, 2015, with a
JOB CODE on Top Left of the Envelope at the latest to:
Swisscontact, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Or E-mail your job application to
Please indicate in the email subject: (JOB CODE) – (Your Name)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.