KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has a strong reputation in national and international TB control. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. As a non-profit international organization, KNCV is active in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America and Asia. The central office is located in The Hague, The Netherlands. KNCV Indonesia helps to combat tuberculosis in Indonesia in close cooperation with the Ministry of Health.Challenge TBKNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.Currently KNCV is looking for a:Technical Officer – Government & Relations (5 posts)Duty Stations: DKI Jakarta, West Java, Central Java, East Java, North SumateraThe Technical Officer – Government & Relations will responsible to implement the country advocacy strategy in the respective province to ensure that TB is included in local planning and budgets and to ensure commitment of local government to establish local regulation including engagement and regulation of private sector.Key Responsibilities include:
- Implement country advocacy strategy to increase local government funding for TB in the respective Challenge TB provinces and districts. Undertake advocacy training with KNCV staff, local PPM teams, local patient groups and other stakeholders.
- Implement the strategy in engaging local governments for a TB working group – including Local Planning Bureau/Bappeda, District Health Office, Local Government and local parliament Budgeting Team and other relevant government agencies or local authorities to develop and oversee the implementation of a roadmap and planning for TB control (district planning).
- Responsible in the development of the capacity of local interest groups and elected councils to mobilize demand for improved services delivered by local governments, with a focus on TB Health care – whenever possible utilizing the Minimum Service Standard for TB program to demand accountability of local government in TB response.
- Implement advocacy activities at the different levels for policy change and implementation; to increase local funding; strengthening human resources; and inform short, medium and long term planning.
- Make effective use of data to advocate for change and to draw attention to TB.
- Regularly review and assess the effectiveness of advocacy strategies, adapt as needed.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor Degree in Public health, Program Management, Health Policy, Communication or Management preferably has Master degree on related subject.
- At least 3 years experience of working with local government planning and budgeting.
- Knowledge of political, media and NGO coordination mechanisms.
- Strong interpersonal skills, in particular, patience, diplomacy, discretion, facilitation and tact showing good judgement.
- Experience of dealing with resistance: skills in assertiveness, identifying and overcoming resistance, persuasion and negotiation.
- Proactive approach to service provision, as well as the ability to organize partnerships and maintain good relations within internal and external KNCV.
- Exceptional written and oral communication/presentation skills, in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Ability to create a supportive working environment amongst all staff.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-cultural team and independently.
- Motivated and willing to learn and implement new ways of working.
- Accurately follow the organizational procedures and regulations.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise, schedule and balance workloads in the face of conflicting and uneven demands to meet deadlines.
- Willing to travel and support internal/external events as needed.
KNCV offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities.Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV and application to [email protected] ensure to put the post you apply for and preferred duty station in the subject line of your e-mail.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.