Islamic Relief Worldwide – Indonesia is currently recruiting for the position of a Finance Manager based in Jakarta – Indonesia. The post holder will be responsible for maintaining the financial systems and controls to ensure the efficiency, integrity and transparency of the office and sub-office operations in accordance with IR guidelines, national legal requirements and internationally accepted accounting standards. The Finance Manager will ensure that all Islamic Relief offices in the country use and comply with IR guidelines and national legal legislation and Health and Safety regulations.
The post holder will provide timely project related financial reports to the Regional Finance Manager – Asia and institutional donors. The post holder will be assisted by a team of finance staff and work and liaise closely with the Programme Manager, the Country Director and the finance and programme division at the Regional office – Asian Desk.
It is essential that the candidate has a professional qualification from a recognised Accounting Association with substantial experience in a finance related role with an international NGO, with essential skills and knowledge of finance related compliance requirements of institutional donors. It is mandatory you have English, or the local language skills to be able to effectively fulfil the responsibilities of this role.
National candidates are encouraged to apply but will only receive the salary not benefits
BASE LOCATION :Islamic Relief Indonesia
REPORTING TO :Regional Finance Manager – Asia
LINE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES : Finance Staff
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
The Finance and Services Division provides accurate and punctual financial management, reports and forecasts on the organisation’s income and expenditure. The division empowers and builds the capacity of the field offices and Partners to manage funds effectively and efficiently, meeting international standards and the standards of the IR donor agencies. This is achieved through both organisational and individual learning, and through an organisation-wide system of development and deployment.
To manage the national finance, administration and human resources staff while overseeing sub-offices’ administration, human resources functions and effective control of all financial matters ensuring reporting and compliance with donors and Islamic Relief financial guidelines.
Structure of Department
* To ensure the development of an efficient, clear and transparent Finance Department in Indonesia,
* Responsible for the creation, planning, coordination, day to day financial management, reporting and development of the IR Indonesia finance related operation.
KEY ROLES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. FINANCE MANAGMENT AND CONTROLS
* To maintain financial systems and controls to ensure the efficiency, integrity and transparency of the office and sub-office operations in accordance with IR guidelines, national legal requirements and internationally accepted accounting standards.
* To ensure all accounting records and supporting documentation for all financial transactions are maintained in a systematic order and in a safe and secure condition under the custody of the organisation.
* To provide IR with complete, accurate and timely financial reports, including institutional donor reports where required for all projects implemented in the country, in the required formats.
* To maintain accurate and effective financial controls on all transactions incurred by the office and sub-offices as part of project implementation and other related costs.
* To maintain effective control over cash and bank (ensure that cash in hand and bank reconcile with accounting records). Ensure that the office and sub-office funds are well managed and that adequate funds are available to meet the organisation’s responsibility.
* To provide quarterly and where required monthly financial reports to the IR finance department.
* To assist and support the Programme Manager and Country Director in ensuring that field expenditures meet IR and institutional donor requirements and remain within the approved plans and budgets.
* To assist and support the Programme Manager and Country Director in the preparation of budgets for project proposals and annual field office budgets.
* To ensure the effective and efficient working of budgetary, accounting, reporting and internal control systems for the field and all sub-offices.
* To liaise with external auditors, government departments, banks regularly.
* To manage and undertake local internal audits of the field and sub-offices including implemented projects
2. COMPLIANCE AND STANDARDS
* Ensure that all IR Sub-offices in the country use and comply with IR guidelines and national Health &Safety; regulations while ensuring we maintain a good working environment in all workplaces/offices.
* To ensure procurement is conducted according to IR standards as well as donor agency requirements.
* To ensure that adequate measures are in place to safeguard the assets of the organisation.
* To ensure that contracts, leases and other agreements are properly prepared and updated so as to meet agency needs; including fair and reasonable commitments from service vendors; and to comply with legal obligations.
3. CAPACITY BUILDING
* To identify the needs and support development of staff and partners to increase their competence in preparation of financial reports, donor financial reports in line with donor reporting requirements.
* To provide guidance and develop the finance staff of the field office and sub-offices i.e. to build the capacity of national staff to reconcile QuickBooks ledger entries to the Budget Versus Actual.
* To participate in the recruitment, selection and induction of new finance staff.
* To train staff and partners in budget preparation and monitoring.
* To represent IR in relevant forums and contribute to technical interactions and discussions on the same.
* The Finance Manager is expected to spend a minimum of 40% of his time in the project sites and the team in the field.
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief Worldwide vision and mission.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
* Bachelor’s degree in Finance, MBA will be an added advantage
* Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CCAB)
* Knowledge of QuickBooks
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to present financial matters to non-financial managers.
* Ability to manage and supervise finance and non-finance staff in multiple and remote locations.
* Ability to think strategically.
* Good computer literacy skills.
* Ability to adapt to new situations and needs.
* Ability to develop and build capacities of staff.
* Disposition of a team player.
* Ability to work independently and provide initiative in improving finance/Administration functions.
* To establish good working relationships with a variety of people.
* To communicate clearly in writing and orally
* To work under pressure and prioritise effectively
* Problem solving skills
* Culturally sensitive
* Demonstrates the flexibility and energy that is required for a high level of self-management and awareness
* Previous experience working overseas, preferably with an NGO
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
If you meet the above requirements kindly completed the Application form and the diversity monitoring as attached and sent to: <mailto:[email protected]> [email protected]. Please put the job title and your name in subject of your email.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 30 December 2015